Discovery Toxicologist (Predictive Modeling,Toxicogenomics, Cell & Molecular Biology)
· 20+ years experience in pharmaceutical research and development.
· Independent Consultant to Pharmaceutical and Chemical Companies, Academia, Technology Providers and Contract Research Organizations (CROs).
· Research & Management positions in Preclinical Safety Evaluation Departments in major Pharmaceutical Companies in both UK and USA
· Global Scientific Initiative Committees
Specific Areas of Expertise
· Predictive and Investigative Toxicology
· Cellular & Molecular Toxicology
· Evaluation of innovative technologies for toxicity studies
· Chemical carcinogenesis
· Liver toxicity
· Coordination of international multidisciplinary R&D projects across all stages of drug discovery and development
· New laboratory set-up and staffing
Projects as a Consultant
· Investigative toxicology project on liver carcinogenesis
· Investigative toxicology project on drug-induced muscular spasms
· Co-author of white paper on drug induced liver injury
· Leader of 5 day workshop on toxicogenomics and its application in biotechnology
· Business Development for a US-based 3D liver culture technology provider
· Business and product Development for a Netherlands-based kinase-profiling technology company
Publications and Memberships
· 40 Publications
· Member of British Toxicology Society (participant in Discovery Toxicology Specialty Section, past member of the Scientific Sub-Committee)
· International Scientific Committee Roles
· Member of the ILSI/HESI Committee on "Genomics and Proteomics in Mechanism-based Risk Assessment" 1999-2008 (Vice-chairman 2002-2004).
· Advisory Committee Member of the C-Path Institute Predictive Safety Testing Consortium and co-chair of the Carcinogenesis Working Group (2006-2008).
· Leader of HL7/CDISC/I3C Pharmacogenomics Standards Group Track 1 Toxicogenomics Subgroup (2004-2006).
· Member of U.S. National Academies of Science Committee on Emerging Issues and Data on Environmental Contaminants (2005-2007).
Independent Consultant PharmaFacts Consortium
Director and Head of Mechanistic Toxicology J&J Pharmaceutical R&D
Director, Toxicogenomic Mechanisms UK GlaxoSmithKline
Associate Director, Cell & Molecular Toxicology SmithKline Beecham
Head of Molecular Toxicology Zeneca Pharmaceuticals