Physical-Organic Chemist and Analyst
· 25+ years corporate experience with BP and GSK
· Independent consultant for 6 years to Big and medium sized Pharma, Start-up, Biotech and Venture Capital (VC) companies, contract research organizations (CROs).
· Led numerous R&D drug programs (neurosciences, vascular biology, safety assessment, DMPK.
Senior management roles, section head for scientific/organizational issues in discovery, and drug development and their resolution
Specific Areas of Expertise
- Separation technology for small drugs and biological molecules (proteins, oligonucleotides, etc.
- Analysis of drugs in bio-fluids
- Bioanalytical QA
- Identification and quantitation of biomarkers in drug safety
- Drug metabolism
- Labeled drug synthesis design
- Mass spectrometry
- Structure-activity relationships and proteomics
- Solvation/cocrystallisation/polymorphism of poorly water-soluble drugs.
- Expert testimony to regulators, exposure limits
- Technical due diligence reviews
- Physico-chemical properties in drug design for optimal biological activity and safety.
- Seminars/workshops/postgraduate diploma course in Drug Development
- Creation of smartsearch databases
· Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, Max Planck Institute
· Silver Jubilee Medal, Chromatographic Society
· Society of Analytical Chemistry Gold Medal, Royal Society of Chemistry
· 195 peer-reviewed publications
· 2 Books edited
· 14 patents
· Visiting Professor, Imperial College, London
· Visiting Professor, University of Malta
· Visiting Lecturer, University of Cambridge